Saturday 23 March 2013

Final Cut Pro 7 software


In post production for this documentary project I used the editing software Final Cut Pro 7.
I was taught the basic techniques and shortcuts to the software by a friend who had been using the software for a long time and knew it well. I had practiced using the software on a few previous projects so that by the time I came round to editing this project I knew what I was doing and was confident in using it so I could concentrate on the film's content more than the editing process.
During this project I also experimented with colour grading and colour correction to ensure that my shots were vibrant enough to show India to its full potential in terms of its vast variety of colours and landscapes. I thoroughly enjoyed this process and developed my knowledge and skills of how to operate the software and use it to its fullest potential.

Here are some screenshots of examples of processes and techniques I used when editing with this piece of software.


Here is an overview shot of the timeline in Final Cut Pro where the editing process takes places. There are 2 video tracks and multiple audio tracks which gives me the ability to play multiple audio files at one time such as ambient background music, the non diegetic voiceover and diegetic sounds from the surroundings. 


During the interview with Jos I used the SmoothCam effect which increases the stability of the image as I did not have access to a tripod at the time. This effect resulted in a smoother outcome making a more stable image for the audience.




In the Browser window in the top left corner shows the number of original media files that were used within the production of the film, including video files, audio files and still images.






No comments:

Post a Comment