Friday 8 March 2013

Radio advert - Production and Product

When creating this short radio advertisement I used a piece of software called Soundtrack Pro that allowed me to record my audio and use a multiple number of tracks in order to create the final product. Here are examples of the production process using this software.



Here is a screen shot from the process of editing the radio advert. As you can see there are two tracks, Track one with the background guitar music and Track two with the short sound bites of speech which I recorded with a microphone. Using Soundtrack Pro allows me to cut any extract of sound down to my desired length. It also gives me the opportunity to add filters onto the voiceover or music to create a certain mood or have a specific effect on the audience listening, which is very important as the aim is to grab their attention in a short amount of time.


For my sound bites I used the audio filter BitCrusher as it enhanced the sound making it louder and more direct to the audience which is what I wanted as it was more likely to catch the audience's attention.


Here is the final Radio Advert.



No comments:

Post a Comment